Disclaimer

WARNING: There may be spoilers or pictures of Geocaches on my blog. If you don't want to know, don't read any further. If you are looking for help on difficult caches you are at the wrong blog. Please also note, there may be some sarcasm somewhere in this blog so read on carefully

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Geocaching for Days

So where to begin. Since I can't seem to get my kids to go caching with me I decided to do a little caching after work. Add the fact that they are in a new after school program and they complain if I pick them up too early.

There have been a couple of new caches placed along a road that is about 1 mile away from where I am working. So I decided to go up there Wednesday and knock them out. The first was a cool hide in the side of an overpass. The next wasn't so easy. I don't think I would have found it had it not fallen out when I moved a piece of wood. The container was a little micro with some rocks epoxied to it. I made sure the next guy would have to work to find it. It won't be falling out. One was real clever. It was a fake mushroom that was stuck to a log. I was stumped for a bit, but I figured it out.I logged 6 on this trip. I had to pass 2 by because of muggles. but I went back Thursday and got those.

The highlight of the day was meeting up with another cacher to knock out 2 caches I didn't want to take the kids on. One was Adrenaline Rush, it was pretty extreme. The other was Operation Night Hawk. This one is a night cache. You have to shine a flashlight around and find reflective marks until you find the cache.

I got 2 on Thursday and I thought about snagging one on Friday just to keep the streak going. But I was just too lazy to plan that one.

So I logged 8 in 2 days with Saturday just around the corner. It is going to be a good week.

3 comments:

Josh said...

Sounds like you worked out your caching time. Here comes the nice weather and here comes the numbers! Good times!

Geocaching With Team Hick@Heart

tonka_boy said...

Jeepers! Adrenaline Rush gets two words - "pretty extreme"? Come on let's hear about it. I was all set to put my feet up and have a good read about that one. And you didn't take pictures?

Anonymous said...

I think I need to start doing some solo caching. I always seem to wait for others when I know I could just go do a few here and there by myself. Seems like it would be good for me to be able to get out more and do some! I'll have to try soon. Looks like a good little group of days you had. Hope Saturday was just as good.