Disclaimer

WARNING: There may be spoilers or pictures of Geocaches on my blog. If you don't want to know, don't read any further. If you are looking for help on difficult caches you are at the wrong blog. Please also note, there may be some sarcasm somewhere in this blog so read on carefully

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Caching in the cold

So, the fam and I are just laying around the house Sunday afternoon. It was about 13 degrees outside. I was bored! So what do I do on the weekends when I'm bored? Geocaching! That's right! 15 more points for those of you who got points on my last blog. I hopped on good ol Geocaching.com
and snagged a few caches. We bundled up (because it's cold Josh) and headed for the first cache. The first one was by a Jeep dealership and is said to contain a couple Jeep travel bugs. We got to the parking area and I hopped out to get my GPSr ready. I told the Fam to stay in the truck to keep warm. (I know, nice aren't I) I found some satellites and we headed out across a field. We got to a wooded area, and kept following the heading. I decided to try something my father once told me.

He said, "Don't hit your brother!"
Sorry wrong flashback.

He said, "Once you get within 20 feet stop and let your GPSr settle down."
So I did this. About this time Totter yells out "Here it is!"
and there it was.

Photobucket

Sadly though there were no Jeep travel bugs. There was however another TB we said "HI" and signed the log and were on our way

Our next stop had about 20 TBs and/or Geocoins. We had no problem finding this one it was about 30 feet into the woods. Once I spotted it's hiding place, I stopped to let one of the kids make the find. Awesome found it in no time.

Photobucket

We signed the log and looked at all the TBs Then we took off.

Our last stop was an Earth Cache. So all we had to do was find a big rock and take a picture of it. Sounds easy right? Well if you know me I like to make things more difficult than they need to be. I pulled into the parking lot where I thought this thing would be but we didn't see it. I looked at the map on my GPSr and it looked like we were on the wrong side of the highway. So as we are about to pull out of the parking lot Mrs. Tinman says"Is that it?" and sure enough there was the rock. Minus Sean Connery and Nic Cage. We ran over and got the pic.

Photobucket

3 for 3 two weeks in a row. I'm getting good at this. I am starting to use more instinct than relying solely on my GPSr. It also helps to have a small army to search in a grid pattern. hope you enjoyed my new blog be sure to read my old blogs if you havn't already

1 comment:

tonka_boy said...

Nice blog, and great pics. Looks like listening to the old man payed off. Geocaching is fun when you actually make finds, isn't it?