Disclaimer

WARNING: There may be spoilers or pictures of Geocaches on my blog. If you don't want to know, don't read any further. If you are looking for help on difficult caches you are at the wrong blog. Please also note, there may be some sarcasm somewhere in this blog so read on carefully

Monday, January 28, 2008

Solo Caching

Today I was given the day off because there was"no work."

Actually there is work but the guy I'm working with was having a colonoscopy. I'll let him work solo on that one.

So with my free time guess what I did.

Got my oil changed!
Photobucket

I bet u thought I went Caching. Well I did that too! so 7 1/2 points to those who answered Caching.

I decided that since I didn't have any little Tinmen running around I would go re-visit some DNFs. But first I went for a cache I had not tried yet. It is located in a park in town.

The cache is a micro. I haven't been too lucky with micros but i was feeling pretty good about my caching ability so I wasn't scared! This was a pretty easy one. My GPSr took me to the farthest reaches of the park (about 50 yards from my truck) The only thing in the area was a signpost and some weeds. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. There was a reflector on the signpost. I moved this reflector and located the cache. The cache was easy to find but getting the log out proved to be a little more difficult. The container was a chapstick thingy and the log was rolled up inside. After a short wrestling match and a few power bombs I got the log out.
Photobucket

I signed the log and replaced the cache.

The next one I went to was one that I tried before but didn't get. It is located by the local CVS where my sister-in-law-in-law (my brother-in-law's wife) works. She knew where it was because they can see when people find it. I looked where she told me but alas it wasn't there. I don't know what is going on with this one. I logged a DNF. Maybe the owner will help me out.

The last one was a multi-cache that ends at a bridge. Well I looked and looked and looked but Like the guy in Spaceballs said Photobucket

So, I logged a DNF for this one. I guess I'll wait until another person finds it, then go look again.

So there you have it, Not my best day. But not my worst. Sure beats laying on the couch eating cheetos and watching Oprah. (Not that I have ever done that)

1 comment:

Josh said...

Ok, I think I have like 12 3/4 points now. Where does that put me? Enjoyed the posts.