Disclaimer

WARNING: There may be spoilers or pictures of Geocaches on my blog. If you don't want to know, don't read any further. If you are looking for help on difficult caches you are at the wrong blog. Please also note, there may be some sarcasm somewhere in this blog so read on carefully

Monday, January 28, 2008

Over the River

On Sunday we decided to go visit Grandma. So since I am addicted to Cachin' I looked up caches that are on the way to Grandma's house. I picked out 4. 3 of which are located in the huge metropolis that is known as Brimfield. And the other is in another huge community that goes by the name of Williamsfield (or Billtown)

We went to go find our first, Which is by the place "The Brother Of Tinman" works. It was located in a cemetery (not where he works) . We followed the GPSr to the back corner where there was a tree stump. We looked all around it but found nothing. I remembered there were a couple DNFs logged recently so we decided to take a DNF and move on. Had I remembered from the logs that it wasn't in the obvious spot we may have found it somewhere else. We'll have to go back and get this one.

Next we went to was a micro, but it was in the area so I figured we would try for it. This one took us to another graveyard . We followed the road around and my GPS r was reading 10 feet. This gives new meaning to park and grab.There was a tree right there so we started looking around it. We found nothing. We kept looking around but came up empty. Just as we were about to give up I spotted it hanging in the tree. We signed toe log and headed out.

Third on the list was located near the road and a creek. I parked and we all hopped out. I walked right up to it. It was kinda tricky to retrieve. It was located at my feet right at a drop off into a creek. Right after I grabbed it we could hear a muggle mobile heading towards us. I pocketed the cache and pretended to point out something to the kids. We signed the log and replaced the cache.

Our last cache of the day was in Williamsfield. As we pulled up to this one Mrs. Tinman spotted it from the road. This one was well guarded. There was a State Trooper across the street and a "guard" dog in the yard. She made a quick retrieval, signed the log, logged the travel bug, and off to grandma's we went

No comments: