Disclaimer

WARNING: There may be spoilers or pictures of Geocaches on my blog. If you don't want to know, don't read any further. If you are looking for help on difficult caches you are at the wrong blog. Please also note, there may be some sarcasm somewhere in this blog so read on carefully

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Park and Grabs

Park and grabs are great! There is nothing better when the wind chill is -18 than being able to pull the cachemobile up to within 10 feet of a cache. It's basically the drive-thru of geocaching.

Photobucket

Today we braved the weather to grab a couple caches. I had to run down to the bustling utopia of East Peoria. Being the MicroMaster that I am I decided to take out a few of the umpteen million micros in my area. So I whipped up 3 caches that are right along the road.

The first one was about 50 feet from the car. The area was slightly flooded yet frozen. So I walked around while the kids skated across the ice. Ground Zero was a little clump of trees. We looked for about thirty seconds when the Mrs. said "Here it is!" We did a quick inventory and realized that we had no pen. So we took the cache to the cachemobile signed the log and I braved the wind alone to replace the cache.

Next we pulled into a parking lot and towards the back was a pay phone kiosk with no phone in it. I figured that had to be it. I didn't even get the GPSr out! I pulled up next to it and the Mrs. hopped out. After a little looking she found it. She hopped back into the car, we signed the log, then she replaced it.

The third, we decided to pass on because of the cold.

I am now no longer intimidated by micros, as long as the Mrs. comes along. I think she has more actual "finds" than I do.

That's only because I am too busy looking at the GPSr to look for the caches! (that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it!)

In other news I scored a Palm M105 on ebay for $2.39

Photobucket

so I can try to do paperless caching. I should get it this week. I will definitely have fun with that thing!

2 comments:

tonka_boy said...

Who took that picture of you at the Taco Bell. I think they got your good side!

cosmiccowgirl said...

Here in Houston we love micros not because it is too cold to want to hike, but because it is too hot. I know a lot of people on the forums complain about micros, but they serve a purpose around here - satisfy that caching jones without too much discomfort. Some micro hiders around here are just plain evil, though!